Friday 2 March 2012

What is in a name?

I like to believe that your name plays a large role in your life; it is your brand.  Not a lot of people know that I was named after the great Thomas Edison.  Thank God my parents are Asian and my name turned out to be Addison.  I really can't picture my life as an Edison.  Fittingly, one of my all-time favourite quotes is from Edison:

"Restlessness is discontent and discontent is the first necessity of progress. Show me a thoroughly satisfied man and I will show you a failure."

This quote speaks to me because I find myself never truly satisfied, but I have learned that this is not necessarily a bad thing.  It just means I am constantly trying to improve and progress as a person.  On a side note, I always get teased by a particular friend that I have a girl's name, but the meaning behind Addison is that he is the SON of Adam.  Although I will admit that it is becoming a more common unisex name. 

No comments:

Post a Comment